Sign In

Profile photo of VIKAS KUMAR SHARMAVIKAS KUMAR SHARMA asked 3 years ago



One of my clients having a TRUCK(single) (for carriage) and they are issuing bilities to other parties also. my query is
Should he need to register under GST? if, yes GTA? or can take exemption benefit?

please elaborate

Answer the question
1 Answers
Profile photo of Sumit Ratanlal JainCA Sumit Ratanlal Jain answered 3 years ago

NO , he is not liable for registration bcoz as per Notification No. 5/2017- Central Tax dated 19/06/2017, a person who is engaged in making only supplies of taxable goods/services on which reverse charge applies is exempted from obtaining registration under GST even if his turnover exceed 20 lacs.