Best PPT on Annual Return
RELEVANT SECTION, RULE, NOTIFICATIONS, AND ROD
- Relevant Section: Section 44 read with Rule 80
- Relevant Notification: Notification No. 74/2018-Central Tax Dated 31st December 2018
- Order No. 1/2018 – Central Tax- Removal of difficulty order regarding extension of due date for filing of Annual return (in FORMs GSTR-9, GSTR-9A, and GSTR-9C) for FY 2017-18 till 31st March 2019
- Order No. 2/2018 – Central Tax- Seeks to extend the due date for availing ITC on the invoices or debit notes relating to such invoices issued during the FY 2017-18
- Order No. 3/2018 – Central Tax- Seeks to amend Removal of Difficulty Order No. 1/2018 dated 11.12.2018 so as to extend the due date for furnishing of annual returns in FORM GSTR-9, FORM GSTR-9A and reconciliation statement in FORM GSTR-9C for the FY 2017-2018 till 30.06.2019.
RELEVANT FORMS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ANNUAL RETURN AND RECONCILIATION FORMAT
- GSTR-9 – Annual Return
- GSTR-9A – Annual Return for (Composition Tax Payers)
- GSTR-9C – Reconciliation Statement
WHO IS NOT REQUIRED TO FILE ANNUAL RETURN
- Input Service Distributor,
- A person paying tax under section 51 or section 52,
- A casual taxable person and
- A non-resident taxable person
- Department of Central Government or State Government or local authority, whose books of account are subject to audit by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or an auditor appointed for auditing the accounts of local authorities under any law for the time being in force.
RELEVANT SECTION AND RULE
SECTION – 44(1) ANNUAL RETURN
RULE – 80(1) ANNUAL RETURN
|1||Is this return to be furnished by a person whose registration has been canceled during the year 2017-18?||Yes, Annual return would have to be furnished by a person whose registration has been canceled during the Year 2017-18. Further, if a person had applied for cancellation of registration and his application for cancellation of registration was pending as on 31st March 2018, he also would be required to file Annual Return.|
|2||Is Annual return to be filed by the person who had migrated to GST Regime provisionally but they had not canceled their registration by filing REG-29 under Rule 24(4) of the CGST Rules, 2017 with effect from 1st July 2017||No, such persons would not be required to file Annual Return for the Year 2017-18.|
|3||Whether Annual Return can be filed without filing GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B for the Year 2017-18?||No, it is mandatory to file FORM GSTR-1 and FORM GSTR-3B for FY 2017-18 before filing Annual return in FORM GSTR-9|
|4||Whether any additional liability can be declared through GSTR-9||Yes, Additional liability for the FY 2017-18 not declared in FORM GSTR-1 and FORM GSTR-3B may be declared in this return (Instruction 3)|
|5||Whether any additional input tax credit can be claimed through GSTR-9||No, taxpayers cannot claim input tax credit unclaimed during FY 2017-18 through this return (Instruction 4)|
|6||How would Annual Return be filed by a person who was under composition scheme for part of the year and under a regular scheme for remaining part of the Year||Such persons would have to file GSTR-9 for the period under which they were under Regular Scheme and GSTR-9A for the period under which they were composition scheme.|
Download this Best PPT on Annual Return by clicking the Image Below:-
Recieve the most important tips and updates
Absolutely Free! Unsubscribe anytime.
We adhere 100% to the no-spam policy.
Discuss Now Opinions & information presented by ConsultEase Members are their own.