3 new entries to RCM list from 1-10-2019
Notification no. 22/2019 introduced three new entries to RCM.
Three new entries to the RCM list in GST namely renting of a motor vehicle, transfer of copyright by an author and lending of securities. Notification no 22/2019 CTR dated 30th sept 2019 has amended 13/2017. These services are.
- Copyright by an author entry no. 9A
- Renting of a motor vehicle, Entry no. 15
- Services of lending of securities Entry no. 16
Renting of motor vehicle will have the most widespread impact. This entry is applicable subject to the following conditions.
- It is provided by a non-corporate person.
- It is provided to a corporate person.
- It is provided by a person who was paying tax @5%
The renting of motor vehicles is liable to tax @5% with limited ITC. They can avail full ITC on payment of tax @12%. This RCM is applicable only on those paying tax at 5%.
These entries are introduced in notification no. 13/2017. They will be liable for RCM from 1st October 2019. You can access the updated list of RCM at this link.
Recieve the most important tips and updates
Absolutely Free! Unsubscribe anytime.
We adhere 100% to the no-spam policy.