Paperless Processing for Uploading of Licenses/Permits/Certificates/Other Authorizations
F. No.450/148/2015-Cus IV(Pt-II)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
Room No.229A, North Block, New Delhi.
New Delhi, dated the 14th of May, 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
Subject: Implementation of PGA e-SANCHIT– Paperless Processing under SWIFT-Uploading of Licenses/ Permits/ Certificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by PGAs – reg.
“e-SANCHIT” application is successfully in operation since 01.04.2018. With the objective of further reducing the physical interface between Customs/regulatory agencies and the trade and to increase the speed of clearance in both imports & exports, a facility to upload digitally signed Licenses/Permits/Certificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) on e-SANCHIT at all ICES locations across India was introduced from 16.11.2018 vide Circular No. 44/2018-Cus. dated 13.11.2018. In this regard, kindly refer to Board’s Circular No.13/2019-Cus. dated 03.06.2019, Circular No.19/2019-Cus. dated16.07.2019, Circular No.03/2020-Cus dated 15.01.2020 and Circular No. 11/2020-Cus. dated 10.02.2020. Already 50 PGAs have been enabled for uploading their LPCOs on e-SANCHIT.
2. Now, 1 more PGA namely Registrar of Newspapers of India (RNI) with its LPCOs as detailed below is being brought onboard e-SANCHIT
|Sr.No.||Document Code||Document Name||Document Description||PGA Code|
|1||101RN1||Certificate of Registration||Certificate of Registration issued by RNI for registering the publisher/Owner.||RNI|
|2||911RN1||Self-declaration certificate for Import||Self Declaration Certificate is submitted by the Publisher/Owner of the newspaper and authenticated by RNI before importing the newsprint.||RNI|
With the above, the total number of PGAs on Board e-SANCHIT as on date becomes 51.
3. Since the facility to upload the LPCOs is now being fully made available to RNI, the beneficiaries i.e. importer/exporters/customs brokers would not be allowed to upload the previously issued LPCOs on e-SANCHIT w.e.f 31.05.2020. Further, to facilitate the members of the trade (beneficiaries), the RNI is required to upload the LPCOs issued by them during the last 15 days from the above cut-off date. Any LPCOs issued on a prior date may also be uploaded by the RNI on e-SANCHIT, in order to enable the beneficiary to utilize the same.
4. It is reiterated that the PGA will be communicating with the beneficiaries through the e-mail addresses registered in the ICEGATE. Board had also introduced a simplified auto-registration process in ICEGATE based on email ids already provided by them for registration under GST without the use of digital signatures for limited purposes of e-SANCHIT (communication and viewing) and the IRNs will be communicated to such email ids. In this regard, kindly refer to Board’s Circular No.35/2018-Cus. dated 01.10.2018 and Circular No. 14/2019-Cus. dated 03.06.2019. Since the facility of beneficiary uploading these documents through e-SANCHIT will be deactivated from 31.05.2020, beneficiary registration is of utmost importance. Hence, all the formations are requested to reach out to the beneficiaries to ensure that correct email addresses are reflected in the ICEGATE. Special efforts may be taken for wide publicity in this regard.
5. All Chief Commissioners of Customs are requested to issue public notices. Feedback and queries, if any, may be sent by email to email@example.com.
6. Any difficulties, in this regard, may be brought to the notice of the Board.
Read the copy:
Recieve the most important tips and updates
Absolutely Free! Unsubscribe anytime.
We adhere 100% to the no-spam policy.