After the first session, CS Vinit Nagar will discuss the provisions related to Jurisdiction of NCLT under the Companies Act, 2013 further. The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) is an effective mechanism provided under the Companies Act, 2013 for the speedy disposal of the matters pertaining to Shareholders & Management Disputes, Compromise & Arrangements, Merger & Amalgamation, Class actions suits, reopening of accounts, protection of the rights of shareholders, depositors, debenture holders and preference shareholders etc. NCLT is an exclusive Tribunal which is equipped with all the powers which was earlier available with Company Law Board and High Court under era of the Companies Act, 1956.
Questions asked during the session.
1. Now the limit is Rs.1Crore how small investors are going to get benefit in case a company fails to pay interest or deposit on maturity?
2. Give a brief summary of sections relevant for approaching NCLT in case of difficulty?
3. There is one Appellate Authority and it is in Delhi, so for an appeal a company has to move application in Delhi only?
4. Prayer u/s 131 should be extended to what?
5. How many members or shareholders can file an application for removal of auditor or for restricng him to attend meeting?