Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) is a privately pooled investment vehicle that collects funds from sophisticated investors, whether Indian or foreign, for investing them in accordance with defined policy. AIF will not undertake borrowing activities other than to meet day-to-day operational requirements. The Centre plans to invest INR10,000 Crore in the fund, while INR 15,000 Crore will be pooled from domestic institutions such as LIC and SBI in a phased manner. Apart from INR 25,000 Crores from Centre, SBI and LIC, the sovereign and pension funds have also agreed to invest in the market. According to regulation, a Bank can invest up to 10% of the corpus of an AIF.
Questions asked during the session.
1. When the govt has brought this scheme?
2. What is the definition of middle income housing?
3. What if the project is old one and not registered under RERA?
4. Which are the affordable and mid range projects?
5. How this fund will help the real estate sector?
6. What is the maximum capacity on Flat Cost to be eligible in MIG Segment?
7. How to apply for funds? Please suggest.
8. Suppose a project have 2 phases on a amalgamation project, do we have to register individual phases in rera? If yes then how about the common expenses to be considered as ?
9. The list of papers / documents required to form AIF?
10. Will existing lenders agree to release their first charge on asset?
11. While calculating net worth of the project do we take loan repayment in to consideration?
12. In cases of the Directors already involved in NCLT and DRT, what collateral will the Forum be asking for?
13. What is the time taken after application to get the fund in a stuck project ?
14. What is the benefit of this scheme?
15. Under which category does Pune fall into?
16. Are redevelopment projects also eligible?
17. While calculating net worth what is treatment of advance received from the customer?
18. How Much Interest would be charged on funding?
19. We have some stressed real estate projects in Kolkata with NPA status from Bank. Are they elegible?
20. Where to apply for this fund & How?